Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dani's Rants: A Rant on being 'Grown up'

Most people, after they graduate from College or High School for good, bitch and complain about how much they miss being in school and having little responsibilities. They miss the good times of hanging with their friends and being a part of cliques...but I feel just the opposite of this. As a matter of fact, I LOVE being 24, working, and getting to keep most of my earnings all to myself! Ever since I officially graduated in late July/early August of last year, life basically opened itself up to me. One of the things I hated most about school was that you almost never got a break! If you weren't in class listening to boring lectures, you were stuck at home slaving over Homework...even during Holiday and Spring Breaks, teachers and professors just have to give you these big and tedious research projects to do...in the end it is the student that ends up with no real vacation as the teachers are sunning their buns in the Bahamas...but I don't have to worry about any of that bullshit anymore. Once you're out of school, all you do is go to work, slave for a couple of hours, and then come home and relax with your piece of mind. Yes, you have a lot of very important responisibilities like Bills, Taxes, etc...but as long as you're a responsible adult, you can come by these headaches and then enjoy yourself. Since I have entered 'adulthood,' i've gone to California, saw a favorite off-Broadway show of mine for the second time, and now I have already booked a trip to Miami Beach for June and am going to go see the musical 'Evita' on cinco de mayo! As a student, I was NEVER able to do ANY of these things because I wasn't earning any money of my own and my mother could never afford to do these things for me. And it won't end there for me! In the near future I plan to continue traveling and seeing as many Broadway musicals as I can and want to, and i'm going to start attending musical concerts as well. I am living a life now that I always wanted to live...free and with something to look forward to all the time. And coming to this realization has made me very happy that I am single with no children...again, most of my earnings stay in my pockets, allowing me to go to as many concerts, musicals, and places as I want and choose to! Right now I can literally be living the life of those people that you see on the Travel channel...eating fine foods, drinking the finest wine, going to the best lounges, sleeping at the fanciest Hotels...THAT is living right there! That is what a 24/25 year old is meant to do...not sitting at home with a wife or husband nagging you to death and having a child to constantly worry about. Whoever feels like that is how soemone my age should be living...well, more power to you, but that is a very foolish and old fashioned way of thinking. But that's just me. I could live this way for the rest of my life and be perfectly fine. I'm finally satisfied with my life and I didn't have to try!

No comments: