Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Rant on...my life lately

Hello all...or whoever's reading this. Just updating to announce that yes, I am still alive, fighting, and dealing with my depression to the best of my ability. How am I doing this, one may ask? Well, I basically try to keep myself busy so that I don't have time to think about anything. As a matter of fact, tommorrow evening I am attending a Deftones concert. I am very happy about this concert, as this band was basically my best friend in my High School years. I didn't hang out with a lot of people and was almost always at home...so my only companion was my music, and I listened to a lot of Deftones at the time...so there you go...but that's another story for another time. I have also been keeping myself busy by traveling more. Last year I got to visit one of my favorite places in the world, California, and basically fell in love with the city of San Francisco. And just last month my mother and I took a brief, but very fun trip to Miami...and I have to say, Miami Beach is the greatest beach ever!..I know, I know, I haven't been to many beaches, but so far Miami Beach is at the very top of my list. At the end of next month, I have a trip to Las Vegas planned! I am extremely excited about this trip, as I have always wanted to visit Vegas. Not only that, but my friend from California is meeting up with me over there, so it should REALLY be a good time! And once i'm back from Vegas, I hope to visit Jamaica next...but i'll see about that when the time comes. To keep myself busy and (semi) happy, I have also been going to see Broadway and off Broadway shows.There is one show in particular that I am absolutely in love with...it is called 'Fuerza Bruta.' I first saw this show 2 years ago and went to see it again back in March...or was it April? One of those months. And now i'm going to go see it a third time next weekend. Incidentally, I purchased a single Hotel room all to myself that same night, so not only will I get to enjoy one of my favorite shows ever, I will also get to spend the night in my favorite city in the world (for now)...so yea, next weekend is looking to be beautiful. Other Broadway shows i've seen so far are 'Evita,' 'Jersey Boys,' 'Rent'(which was amazing!!), and 'A Streetcar Named Desire.' For my next show, i'm looking more into the off-Broadway roster, as some of the other high-end Broadway shows don't appeal to me as much. One show i'm looking to see is called 'Naked Boys Singing,' which is about...er...the title speaks for itself!haha I used to have a friend by the name of Jennifer who would accompany me to these shows, but she was unexpectedly rude to me the night we went to see 'Rent'...so yea, I don't talk to her anymore...eventhough she texted me not too long ago asking if i'd go see 'Zarkana' with her...not going to happen, honey. And that's another thing; lately, i've been letting very few people into my life (due to all my past heartaches and disappointments with the human race)...so if you see i'm letting you into my life and you just step on me and think you can speak whichever way with me...that's it. And that's what happened with Jennifer...but that is also another Rant for another time. Anyways, to pass time I have also been doing something that I hadn't done in awhile; reading. It all started when I picked up a book called 'A Shore Thing,' written (or at least narrated) by Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi of 'the Jersey Shore' fame. Believe it or not, it is a cute, witty, and hilarious novel. I enjoyed reading it very much. A couple of months later, I picked up 'The Lucky One' by Nicholas Sparks, same author of 'The Notebook.' I loved that book so much that I basically went on a Nicholas Sparks rampage, reading 'A Walk to Remember,' 'Dear John,' 'The Choice,' and 'The Rescue,' as well. Surely I grew tired of Mr. Sparks' novels and decided to pick up the '50 Shades' trilogy by E.L. James, to see what all the fuss is about...to those of you living under a rock, '50 Shades' is an erotic novel that's been on every housewife's lips lately (those freaks). Right now I am on the second novel of the trilogy, '50 Shades Darker.' The first novel, '50 Shades of Grey' was alright for the most part, but in my opinion, the best part was the ending...but not to worry housewives out there, I will not ruin the novel for you. In my opinion, yes it is a good read...but I wouldn't call it one of those 'addictive' books that you can't put down...unless you are a nympho...in which case, you will THOROUGHLY enjoy this novel. But in my eyes, it is not only an erotic novel, but a love story as well, and the love that the two main characters share is very breath-taking in my opinion...to me, THAT is what makes the '50 Shades' novels good...anyways, i'm going on a too-long tangent on '50 Shades.'haha So that I don't go all 'Hoarders' and end up with a plethora of books in my room, I have purchased a Nook e-reader so that I could download and read all the books that I want. I have already downloaded 1 novel to my Nook...'Gorilla Beach,' which is a sequel to 'A Shore Thing.'Haha...hey, I couldn't help it! But I must finish '50 Shades Darker,' '50 Shades Freed,' and 'The Godfather' (yes, I purchased that novel)before I can start 'Gorilla Beach'...yes, I am that anal. And I guess that covers all that i've been up to. For those wondering, no, I don't plan to retake my NBCOT Boards anytime soon. Truth of the matter is, i've already taken the shit TWICE and failed, and am pretty damn comfortable as an OTA...so why rush? When i'm ready to take the test again, I will...but right now i'm just trying to enjoy my life and make the best of what I do have...even if I am alone in this world.

1 comment:

MarkP said...

Heya, Just checking in.

I'd love to go West coast, and Miami. We steered clear of Miami last time we were on the East Coast. I guess it's like everywhere, you hear of there being "places you don't want to end up in", and that would be me, taking a wrong turn and ending up in the middle of some turf war LOL

My world of people is pretty small at the best of times. I have two guys in the office besides me, and no friends outside work. Well, one, but I only see him once every two years. I last saw him April last year. I live in the world inside my head most of time....